Fostering Emotional Well-Being in Our Sessions for Our Clients and Ourselves
with Deirdre Azzopardi
Deirdre Azzopardi is an occupational therapist with over 25 years of experience who has invested years into continuing education related to social and emotional learning for kids with disabilities. Join into the conversation as we explore:
– How we are missing out on a huge opportunity for our autistic clients by overlooking exercise in favor of non-aerobic “sensory processing” activities.
– Why the stress and boredom that school-based therapists often bring to our sessions may be negatively impacting our outcomes, and what to do about it. (Spoiler: the answer is super fun).
– How and why to teach simple mindfulness activities in our sessions and in our whole-class instruction.
– How to love your job more and better connect with your autistic students starting tomorrow. Listening on the way to work? You can even start today.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- View links at learnplaythrive.com/podcast
- Follow Deirdre on Facebook
- Visit Deirdre’s website: Mindfulness in Special Education | The Mindfull School OT
- Elizabeth B. Torres’ The Micro-movements Perspective Research
- Mindful Parenting Decreases Aggression in Children with Autism by Nirbhay N Singh
- Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook – Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals