Culturally Responsive Care with Native Clients
with Joshuaa Allison-Burbank
At Learn Play Thrive, we are recognizing Native American Heritage month with an episode that centers how we can support the well-being of our Native clients. In this episode, Diné and Acoma Pueblo SLP Dr. Joshua Allison-Burbank helps us dive into Native views on disability, cultural responsiveness for therapists who are supporting Autistic people on reservation or off reservation, and ways that non-Native folks can build trust and connection in their relationships with their Native clients. To keep learning from Joshuaa, join us in the 2024 Neurodiversity CE Summit at learnplaythrive.com/summit.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- Learn more from & about Dr. Joshuua Allison-Burbank (he/him):
- Learn Play Thrive resources & trainings referenced
- The 2024 Learn Play Thrive Neurodiversity Affirming Summit – Dr. Allison-Burbank will present on Culturally Responsive Practices with AC Goldberg.
- Links to different peoples/Nations referenced:
- Learn more about/take action with the Native American Caucus of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, one of ASHA’s Multicultural Constituency Groups, and learn about their Goals & Action plan (undated, unfortunately)
View links at learnplaythrive.com/podcast
Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals