Being Black & Autistic: Mental Health, Bias, and Alternatives to Police
with Timotheus Gordon Jr.
Timotheus Gordon Jr. blogs and posts on social media as The Black Autist. His posts center on autism acceptance, race, disability, and the latest news relevant for autistic people who are black, indigenous, or people of color (BIPOC).
Join us in episode 28 where we talk about:
- Racism and exclusion within the disability community
- The stories of BIPOC autistic people interacting with police
- Real, replicable community-based alternatives to police intervention in crisis and the Community Emergency Services & Supports Act, expected to pass in Illinois
- Timotheus’s advice to therapists working with BIPOC autistic people.
This is an important conversation you don’t want to miss.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- Visit Timotheus’ website, The Black Autist
- Follow The Black Autist on, Facebook
- Learn more about Matthew Rushing:
- Learn more about Stephon Watts
- Learn more about Kayden Clarke
- Check out the Community Emergency Services & Supports Act (CESSA)
- Why You Should Care About Black Autistic Lives and CESSA
- Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals