Autistic Love, Sex, & Dating
with Jen Harr
If you work with kids, here’s the thing: Autistic kids become Autistic adolescents, who may become interested in sex and dating. And if we don’t take the time to learn about what this means for them, as Autistic people, we are likely to miss the mark in how we support them. And if we don’t support them, it’s likely that no one will.
The good news is that Autistic social worker Jen Harr is here to talk us through exactly what we should know about Autistic love, dating and romance.
And hey social workers, good news! Our course, Ethics & Neurodiversity: Let’s Talk About Sex, is now registered for ASWB CEUs (with more to come!). Check it out, along with our other courses (always registered for ASHA & AOTA CEUs!) at learnplaythrive.com/trainings.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
More from Jen Harr
- Spectrum Squared website
- Cornbread & Roses Website
- Cornbread & Roses Communities on Facebook, Instagram
- Sounds Fake, But Okay: podcast & book
Learn Play Thrive resources referenced:
- com/ethics (‘Ethics and Neurodiversity: Let’s Talk About Sex,’ taught by Autistic OT, Sarah Selvaggi-Hernandez)
- Let’s Talk About Autistic Sex with Sarah Selvaggi Hernandez, Episode 46
View links at learnplaythrive.com/podcast
Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals