Strengths Based Diagnostics & "The Legend of Autistica"
with Matt Lowry
In this episode, Autistic psychology practitioner Matt Lowry helps us dive into what a strengths-based diagnostics process looks like for autism, and the incredible difference this can make. We also explore what parents and other professionals should look for to find a neurodiversity-affirming evaluator when making a referral. And Matt reads us a story that he wrote called The Legend of Autistica, which is his poignant, hilarious, and insightful origin story of the Autistic people.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- Get on the waitlist for Matt’s CE courses
- Visit Matt’s professional practice, Matt Lowry, LPP
- Check out the research on increased PTSD and increased suicidality for autistics who’ve undergone ABA
- Read Matt’s Rewrite of the DSM Criteria for Autism
- Read The Legend of Autistica
- Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals