with Jane Farrall
In this episode we explore how a comprehensive literacy framework can totally transform how we approach speech and OT goals around reading and writing. Our guest, Jane Farrall, is a speech pathologist and special educator with extensive training and experience in literacy. This episode covers how SLPs and OTs can support reading comprehension and writing development in the larger frame of literacy.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- Watch our free masterclass, Moving Beyond Compliance-Based Strategies for AAC: Why & How To Support Autonomous Communication
- Read Jane Farrall’s Blog on Comprehensive Literacy
- Check out Janes’ website Comprehensive Literacy
- Visit the Centre for Literacy and Disability Studies
- Buy the book Jane describes as “the fabulous text we all use – the master book for comprehensive literacy instruction”: Comprehensive Literacy for All
- Learn more about the Developmental Writing Scale:
- Sturm, J., Cali, K., Nelson, N.W., & Staskowski, M. (2012). The Developmental Writing Scale: A new progress monitoring tool for beginning writers. Topics in Language Disorders, 32(4), 297 – 318.
- Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals