How Behaviorism Hurts Kids
with Greg Santucci
Greg Santucci is an occupational therapist and the founder of Power Play Pediatric Therapy. Greg provides workshops and trainings to parents and professionals all over the country on compassionate, collaborative, and neuro-developmentally informed approaches. In this episode we talk about how restraint, seclusion, and behaviorism harm kids, and why they are more prevalent than we’d like to admit.
Greg shares how he fights these practices on the ground as a school-based OT and at the policy level. And finally, we explore Greg’s Model of Child Engagement as an alternative to behavioral approaches.
For the latest from
Two Sides of the Spectrum…
- Visit the LPT Education Hub
- Check out Greg’s website
- Follow Greg on Facebook, Twitter, and IG
- Join the Alliance Against Seclusion and Restraint
- Learn about the Keeping All Students Safe Act and the Protecting Our Students in Schools Act
- Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals